Hair Update: Chelsyea Hibbert

Hello ladies! Chelsyea is no stranger to this blog. She has graced us with her presence on many occasions. She has been a natural inspiration and blogger for quite some time now. Check out her blog here to follow her journey and get some good tips and styles! Hope you enjoy her hair update. 
 
♥Kendra
 
Current Regimen
I've been experimenting a little with new products and co-washing for the first time. Moisturizing my hair when I stop being lazy (maybe the 4th/5th day)...smh. I am supposed moisturize it every 1-2 days with water, then adding Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and finally, sealing my hair with a mix of jojoba oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil with especially being b/c in the warmer state of Florida! I gotta buy more Terressentials! There ain't nothing like it. The ingredients are poppin! hahaha :) No seriously...if you can make your own like Jen and get the same results, then do it. After trying co-washing, I realized that truly there aint nothin' like the ingredients in Terressentials! You think your hair is soft when you co-wash? You think your curls are poppin by co-washing? Well, try the ingredients in Terressentials and you'll experience the difference!



 
My Hair goals
 
Current Goals (healthier hair (eating healthier and more exercise) and taking better care of my hair (I've slacked up on moisturizing my hair when it needs it), finding how to best take care of my hair in Florida's hot and humid weather..ughhh...having to change my regimen...trying new hairstyles as my hair gets longer)

 
Long Term Goals (healthier and longer hair that I take better care of)

 
My Hair Journey (from start to now)
"OK! This is something new. I'm gonna try and rock it....uhhh...I can't do this. I don't feel beautiful. What am I doing?...mm...how do I style this?....this product is good...my curls are beautiful...wait...you want to touch my hair...why? ok..you like my hair? thank you.....wait....I am beautiful....I'm rockin this...what you said? I don't have good hair? SIKE! My hair is BANGIN! My hair is FLY. I am royalty! You can't tell me nothin' 'cuz I am a child of the king and yes...I am SUPER FLY! I'm getting this natural hair down pact" :) 
 



Thoughts of Naturality in Pentecost
It's really wonderful to see the growth of more naturals in Pentecost. Its actually awesome! Were actually taking back our pride in our hair that we as a people once had. Every time one more of us women of color decide to take this natural journey, were giving society a slap in the face; we give the devil a slap in the face. We show that we overcome the negativity throughout years that's been put on us. Were saying "NO! MY HAIR IS FLY....let me correct that...SUPER FLY!" I remember reading something and it mentioned that there were actually slaves who had long hair. It's not impossible for us to grow long hair. We just have to eat healthy and take care of our glory. I am definitely wearing my hair proudly! At first, I was kinda scared at the reaction that others in church would give me but more and more, I am loving my beautiful locks! I can say that I LOVE MY hair 100%. I don't view it as disgraceful 'cuz it truly is GLORIOUS! Even if someone says something negative about my hair, it doesn't faze me anymore. I don't get sad about it. Yes, I sometime get on the defense (working on it) but I don't get down about it b/c I know who I am in Jesus (royalty) and God didn't make a mistake when He gave me tightly coiled hair. I am proud to have natural hair and seeing more ladies with it, makes me smile all the time. It's a revolution!

 
Words of Encouragement
To my fellow naturalistas far and wide, firstly, I wanna give you a curtsey for taking this big step. It's quite honorable because not many will go this route because our hair is still deemed unacceptable and bad hair. Secondly, I wanna tell you that with this journey, you have to really LOVE yourself. Look deep inside yourself and reaffirm to yourself of who you are. It's an emotional rollercoaster during the transition and even after you have your full head of natural hair. You may have family, church family that may criticize you, how you look, and question your choice but keep your focus and your head held high. Above all, Jesus has your back!!! As long as you have healthy hair (you are what you eat; exercise; great hair care), you have good hair! :)

Doesn't this just encourage you and make you hold your head up a tad higher?? It should!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment