My visit to Dr. Sebi in search of products for healthy skin and hair

I'm in L.A. for a few days and one of the stops on my list was Dr. Sebi's office to try some of  their products.  I first heard of Dr. Sebi after reading an online interview of Basket Ball Wive's reality star Brooke Bailey.  She talked about how she's been taking some of his herbal supplements for years.  After a quick internet search, I learned that Dr. Sebi has been linked to other celebrities such as Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez, Magic Johnson, etc.  Curiosity got the best of me because I wanted see what all the excitement was about so I decided to pay them a visit.



Dr. Sebi (pronounced "say-be")

I entered into the modest office which displayed some of the commonly purchased herbal products.  I informed the young lady at the counter that I wasn't familiar with his products and wanted to learn more about what they had to offer.  Since I wasn't very familiar with their current offerings, I asked her what she could recommend for healthy skin and hair.  Before she had a chance to answer, I complimented her on her hair which appeared extremely healthy.  After she thanked me, I asked "do you have extensions in?"  Yes, she answered, but my hair is long, I use extensions in the back so my ends can stay protected when I curl with an iron."  I asked her how long her natural hair was and she replied that it was around mid-back.  "A few months ago", she told me, "I trimmed my hair and it's already grown a few inches."  When I asked what she used on her hair, she replied that she only uses Dr. Sebi's hair food oil (which consisted of an herbal infused olive oil).  I opted not to get the oil at the time and decided to purchase some of her other recommendations instead.

 (Demonstrating her estimated hair length a few months ago prior to straightening)

 (Demonstrating her estimated hair length after her recent straightening)

(Dr. Sebi hair food oil)

The first of my purchase was Eva Salve, which is an olive oil based skin care cream which contains eucalyptus oil, and other herbs I've never heard of.  I've used it a couple times now and so far I like it.  The consistency is like more like a butter than a cream. Similar to an olive butter (but not as greasy).  It dissolves into my skin without leaving it feeling shiny or oily.  Since it's winter time, I was on the lookout for a more nourishing cream to act as a moisturizer, I feel like this will do the trick.  The only thing that I have to get used to is the tingling sensation (from the eucalyptus) I get whenever I apply.  It's like rubbing Ben Gay on my face.   The tingling sensation and the smell goes away within a few minutes.  So far, I'm really liking the product.  The young lady at the counter co-signed on the product saying that she uses twice on a daily basis.


(Eva Salve and Seamoss mix)

Next I got the Seamoss Bladderwack Mix which comes in powder form.  The container is the same size as my Aztec Clay jar.  The Seamoss powder is the same consistency as the Aztec clay except it's a little darker in color.  According to the young lady at the counter, she drinks some of this in a smoothie on a daily basis.  Brooke Bailey also claims to drink the Seamoss as well.  What attracted me was the claim that the moss contained 92 of the 102 minerals found in our body.  I have this belief that I may not be receiving enough minerals in my diet so I figured this could help.  I've tried the powder in my Special K protein shake.  I'm going to be brutally honest with you and say that this stuff tastes......not good.  It's like drinking seaweed water.  And this is coming from someone who's favorite food is sushi and snacks on plain seaweed sheets.   This powder taste so authentic. It takes a little getting used to.  I'm one of those people who will endure an ill tasting product for the benefits so I'll keep drinking this stuff even though my taste buds don't like it.  I like to think that the worse something tastes, the more potent it is.  According to the product information, this powder is also high in zinc, calcium, sulfur (great for skin and hair), vitamins A&B.

Once I run out, I'll keep repurchasing except next time I'll buy from amazon for a quarter of the price I paid.  I may even play around and mix a little bit of it into my Aztec clay next time I do a facial.  I'm glad I stopped by otherwise I wouldn't have been introduced to the seamoss. I can't wait to experience the benefits.


No comments :

Post a Comment