Healthy Hair, Healthy Lifestyle: A Lifestyle of Health and Fitness

Remember this post? I talked about my nutritional goals! Well guess what? I have been sticking to them. I have lost 5 pounds so far. I am 10 pounds away from my goal weight. I want to get back to where I was when I got married. When I got married I was 120 pounds! I was in great shape at the time... well marriage has a way of making you happy in ways that makes you put on weight lol. So somehow -okay not somehow, I love to cook, and we love to eat- I ended up 145 pounds. Now that may not be a huge deal to some, but I am very conscientious of my health, and fitness status. So I want to get in control.

Since I have changed my eating I feel so much better. I eat at least half of what I used to. I crave good choices too! So now I have added the working out component.

What is my current work out regimen? 

This is what I will be doing weekly:

  • Spin glass - 1 hour
  • Butts, guts and thighs class - 1 hour
  • Running 1-3 miles - 1 or 2 days a week 
  • Intense hike - when we have time on the weeks! All of our hikes are at least 5 miles. 


What do I wear at the gym?

  • Hot pink stretchy skirt
  • Leggings (in case I have to do leg lifts! Keeping it modest)
  • Tennis shoes
  • Long sleeve top like the one below: 
Under armor is lovely because its comfortable, cool and breathable!


Don't let a skirt stop you from being in shape! There are many places where you can find modest work out attire that is affordable and comfortable. I can't lie- walking into my workout class in a skirt was a bit intimidating. I got a lot of weird looks but once we got going, it didn't bother me! I pray it becomes a witnessing tool. 

How did I find a workout regimen that I like?

I love cardio, pilates, yoga and intense boot camp type work outs. I love classes because the high energy intructors, and supportive comments they are constantly yelling out keeps my focused and makes me push myself through the workouts. I found out that my school offers free classes in our gym. So I started taking classses. I picked two that I knew guys would have no interest in. So its all girls working out and getting in shape. I love it!

BUT fitness doesn't have to be confined to a gym or a track or a pool. My husband and I have made a new push to live a lifestyle of fitness. Here are some ways you can keep yourself in better shape:


  • Always ditch the elevator and take the stairs
  • If you have to walk somewhere, up the pace and walk briskly
  • Need to run an errand to a store that is close? Leave the keys and walk! 

 When my husband and I were are Catalina Island on vacation, we went bike riding. We made it a point to go for the hills, and inclines to push ourselves. We did an hour of rigorous bike riding. Sure it was a workout but hey, it was fun! We got to see the whole island, and enjoy beautiful scenery!
When we went to San Diego Zoo during our anniversary trip, we walked briskly the entire day! Up hills, and down hills. We didn't take any trams. We just walked. For lunch, rather than eating something unhealthy, we picked up Subway sandwiches and brought them into the park. We wore our backpacks so that we drank plenty of water while walking all day! Again, it was a workout but it was FUN!

During our San Diego vacation, my husband and I took a long walk on the beach. Excuse me- a long, brisk 5 -7 mile walk on the beach! The whole time we held hands, talked, told stories and reminisced. Hey, it was a workout but it was fun and romantic!  :)

Here were are hiking on another occasion! We made it down the hill and we were hot, sweaty and happy lol

So I ENCOURAGE you to set some goals for yourself. You don't have to do anything extreme. Just a simple lifestyle change. Adjust your mind. I see so many people who lose control. They lose control of their eating, their health and in the end they are unhappy, unhealthy and have a low self esteem. You can get in control and live a fulfilling life in this area! Trust me, it will be worth it in the end :) 

One person I know who has gotten in control is Mary! I am so proud of her! You can check out her weight loss blog called, God Made me Beutiful, I Made Me Fat. Wow what a statement right? Look at her transformation so far... 
Before



After

Over 100 pound later!!! She looks great and she is still going!! I am so proud of her success. Not just because she has lost weight but because she is living a healthy lifestyle. She feels great, looks great and is pressing on. So let me encourage you and give you a pep talk! You can do it!! Yes you! Lets live a lifestyle of health and keep our temples pleasing to God! Make the conscious decision today :)

No comments :

Post a Comment