VACAY (extreme pic overload)

 
Ok, so here's my condensed Vacation-photo-post! There's still quite a few pics, but I honestly tried to narrow it down! And I know I promised this would be up yesterday and now it's coming up at 9:00 tonight....but I got called into work early yesterday and haven't had enough time to sort through and edit. Enough rambling, here it is! :
 
 
On one of the first days after we arrived in Alabama we visited the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville. They had a ton of HUGE rockets and exhibits to look at. Ethan really enjoyed learning about the fastest plane in the world that reaches speeds around 5-6,000 mph. He's such a kid and a bit of a history buff too.
 
 
(We had to get this cheesy astronaut shot)
 
 
After the Space Center We headed to the Bridge Street Town Center Mall for some shopping! (This is my loot from the H&M there-except the pants which I got at Target) They also had an Anthro, J. Crew, Sephora, and a few cute boutiques we stopped in. It was a gorgeous, large outdoor mall. My sister, my mom and I shopped til we dropped! Ethan, however, wasn't as excited.
 
 
 He appreciated this store having a place for the men to sit while they waited endlessly ;)
 
Later that night we went on a "Ghost Walk" in historic downtown Huntsville. A guide led us around, stopping in front of different antique houses that are believed to be haunted and  telling us the history behind each site. Didn't see any ghosts but we got some pretty creepy pics!
 

 
 Saturday we drove from my Dad's apartment in Huntsville down to San Destin, Florida and got in some much needed beach time!
 
 Next to Hawaii, the sand and water here are some of the prettiest I've seen! We caught this gorgeous sunset Saturday night.
 
 
Sunday morning we headed back to the beach for Brunch after getting our fill of sleeping in - SO relaxing.
 
 
 We ended up going to Pompano Joe's, which is a seafood place, and NONE of us ordered seafood. Haha! They had a pretty great setup right on the sand with big open windows.
 
 
(Ethan with his fresh pineapple juice and my HUGE salad)
 
 
After Brunch we headed back to the beach for our last chance to soak up the sun and relieve our landlocked blues. We forgot our sunglasses so we had to stop at a convenience store to buy some. We were very tempted to get these matching 'stache ones! (I also thought these old-school gas pumps were cool)
 
 
At one point, Hubby made me into a mermaid (I got quite a few comments from intrigued kids passing by)
 
 
We spent our last night in a super cute beach cabin about a mile from the beach in Destin. Ethan and I decided we're having a front porch and rocking chairs when we get old!
 

 
These last pics are a bit random:
1- We saw this sign on the way to the airport. It says "Go to Church or the Devil will get you" we thought it was pretty funny.
2- While waiting for our very LATE connecting flight on Monday we got a little goofy and decided to pose in these fun windows at the Las Vegas Airport.
 

 
Well! That's my last vacation post! Hope you enjoyed it (or at least got through it!) It's back to regular outfit posting for me now! (promise)

No comments :

Post a Comment