Style Points: Mini Twists on Blow Dried Hair - 2012

Hello all! It has been a long time since I have done mini twists. But I was in the mood for them again because (1) its my favorite protective style (2) its my husbands favorite style (3) low manipulation and gives my hair a break (4) fun to style!

Prep
  • Deep conditioned with VO5 passion fruit with olive oil hot oil treatment. I steamed my hair under a plastic bag and covered it with a towel turban style for an hour
  • Rinsed and did an ACV rinse
  • Finger detangled in 6 sections with Giovanni direct leave in and sweet almond oil
  • Blow dried using tension method in 8 sections. One brush through with tangle teezer per section. My hair felt very soft and moisturized after blow drying. It wasn't dry or fried. 
Process
  • Split hair into 10 workable sections
  • Part small section of hair using end of rat tail comb
  • Rub a drop (small drop, less than a dime size) of gel through the section. 
  • Tightly twist in small sections. Be careful with fly aways and be sure not to rush. It will cause more frizz and the twist will be loose
 Maintenance
I wrap my twists like I used to wrap my hair when it was straight. I got this idea from naptural85. It keeps the twists stretched and neat.

 

Twist time: 5-6 hours over the course of two days.

Products used: VO5 passion fruit conditioner, olive oil, Giovanni direct leave in, sweet almond oil, and curls gel

Results








 




 Comparison Pics


Nov 2011
Oct 2012


 
 
Nov 2011
Oct 2012
 I am so happy that it is growing. But most of all, its healthy! I love my hair :)

No comments :

Post a Comment