Hair Tip #47: Chamomile Tea Scalp Rinse

I decided to give my scalp a treat and create a soothing, healing and calming rinse. I used a chamomile tea rinse because chamomile is said to redness and flakes caused from dandruff, and it is said to heal the scalp of dandruff. I love natural remedies so I decided to give this a try.

Brewing the tea:
I boiled water in an electric kettle to 212 degrees. I poured the water over the fresh chamomile flowers in a strainer to allow it to steep. Then I allowed it to cool with the chamomile flowers in the cup. All natural loose teas are best but if you do not have this, you can use several bags of chamomile tea as well.


Steps taken:
-Applied a mixture of tresseme naturals conditioner and tea tree tingle conditioner and covered hair with plastic cap and wrapped with a towel turban style
After removing the plastic cap and towel.. 

Lots of conditioner! 

My scalp before rinsing out conditioner

Curl definition with conditioner.. 


-Rinsed in shower after an hour
-Shampooed scalp only with nourish spa
-Rinsed scalp
-Applied tresseme naturals
-Rinsed thoroughly
Naked hair (no product) after washing

Super moisturized, I'm happy!

Scalp felt and looked great!

Again no product .. just my curls :)

-Rinsed with chamomille tea
-Applied giovanni direct leave in and oil mix

Finished product! Shiny, bouncy, moisturized and... shrunken! 

The ends of my hair after applying product

After all of this, my scalp feels great. It feels like its been soothed a great deal. I am hoping that this is something that works for me in the future regarding my scalp. I have been battling a dry and itchy scalp for the past few months so I am on the road to fixing the issue :) Pray for me!

No comments :

Post a Comment