Hair Inspiration: I Love Me

I LOVE ME

Written by Kendra Thaler 


Don't look at me like I'm crazy
Because my hair is flying free
Coils and curls singing a new song
I don't apologize, because I love me!

I know it might be new to you
And you might not even agree
That I choose to wear my hair this way
I don't apologize, because I love me!


I wasn't there when the Lord formed me
But I know I was made beautifully
In His image, and his likeness
I don't apologize, because I love me!


Classy is my name, elegant is my game
I love my skirt, high necks and long sleeves
I am pleasing to my creator and King
I don't apologize, because I love me

I hold my head up high, not with pride 
But with confidence in who I am to be
A beautiful women of God in the Kingdom
I don't apologize, because I love me

My love for myself comes from deep within
From sin, and bondage God set me free
I have the Holy Ghost, peace, love and joy
And I love Jesus, because He first loved me... 
Because of HIS love.. I can say, I LOVE ME!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This a poem that I wrote on Pentecostal Naturals. Read it her. Pentecostal Naturals is a social networking site created by Rita. (Click her name to read a description). This site is not limited to black Pentecostals. It is for anyone who has natural hair. Hair that is no longer chemically altered. We are on a road to having, celebrating and loving natural hair. Whether your natural hair is straight, wavy, or curly, we want you to join. We want to create a safe place where we can talk, share experiences, network and love one another in a spiritual environment! If you haven't joined, why not?! 



Visit Pentecostal Naturals

No comments :

Post a Comment