Thank YOU!

Today I want to say thank you to all for following my blog. It means so much to me that you support this effort!!

 When I first begin this blog, I did it to make a difference. I didn't know if it really would make an impact on anyone's life. I was struggling being the only natural head in my church. I felt kind of isolated like no one understood my hair, why I didn't wear it straight, why it was "frizzy" and curly all the time. It was hard for me. So I decided to start a blog to learn more about my hair, share what I was learning, and have a way to record my journey. The blog started out as "Black Apostolic Hair" with the slogan Saving One Nappy Head a Day...

Then the blog began to involve. I started a small following of women who had a lot of questions about transitioning. I also received questions from women who had been natural their whole life but were still clueless. Before I knew it, the blog was up and running.. I mean taking off! It was amazing to see that it was actually making a difference. I then switched to "I Wear Natural Apostolic Hair" because black is a color not a state of hair, and I wanted to keep the Apostolic part in to define what kind of crowd I am catering to. I adopted the slogan "fully natural, fully Apostolic". That one has stuck :)

What really did it for me was beginning last year.. I went to a bible quizzing tournament and a girl came up to me (Joy) and she asked if I was the girl who did the hair blog. It was so exciting! After that, every conference I would go to, so many girls (of ALL ethnicity's) and even some guys were coming up to me and saying they knew who I was and thanks for the blog. People wanted to touch my hair.. "Oh its soft!" "That's all your hair??" I knew that a movement was starting...

This year when I went to no limits conference in Elk Grove, CA at the Rock Church I saw MORE natural Apostolics than I have seen in my ENTIRE life!! It was amazing ya'll! I know its not all because of me. But I am thankful that I have stuck it out long enough to see changes beginning to take place in the Apostolic church.

Thank you to ALL of the ladies who have started blogs! There are so many, too many to name :) Big thanks to my largest supporter who have been there from day one, Chelsyea! I love you! And of course my ever supporting husband! He has been amazing <3

Thank you to ALL of the ladies who have faithfully supported this blog!

Today the blog is called Natural with Kendra. There are so many Natural Apostolic blogs that I am just sitting back and enjoying being part of the community. Now I am not the only one in this movement. Many have "joined the cause". So this blog is Natural with Kendra because its everything from my perspective, things I find interesting about natural hair, my tips, interviews, etc.

Still with the slogan, fully natural. fully Apostolic. 

I am so excited about how this has taken off. I am seriously considering writing a series of books about natural hair catered to us Apostolic ladies.

In the meantime I am looking forward to where this blog is going to go.. the possibilities are endless.

97 followers. WOW! Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! If you are reading and I haven't met you yet send me an email or comment below because I want to meet you!! If you read this blog and aren't a follower please follow.

I love you all! This is for YOU!

No comments :

Post a Comment