Hair Inspiration: Natural Hair Fears by Chelsyea

Alright...so before going natural, there are some fears. Let's be REAL! The following are some common idealogies:

  • "It's going to be too much work".(well..i aint gonna lie..it is a lot of work...haha but it's all worth it when your hair is healthy and growing)
  • "Natural hair isn't cute" (what? you can look SUPER FLY and FRESH and HOT with natural hair. Dont get it twisted...lol)
  • "I'm going to look like one of the slaves" (lol...I put this one 'cuz  I definitely thought like this..the name that kept poppin up in my head was "kunta kenta" (now, I don't even know who the brotha is)..NOOO you won't look like a slave..hahaha)
  • "My hair is going to break the comb or brush" (If you don't use things to make that hair manageable, it's going to break the comb or brush)
  • "It'll be too thick to work with" (natural hair is manageable. you just have to get products to work with the kinks and curls)
  • "I want long, flowy hair"....(Reality Check: Chile, God didn't make us with flowy, straight hair)
  • "I would have to wear a fro all the time. That's wack!" (NO! You really don't have to rock a fro all the time. That wouldn't even be good for the hear for it to be out all the time.
  • "I don't know how to braid so it's not for me" (ummmm...LEARN! I did...:) I looked up videos to learn how to flat twist and now, I can flat twist (no..i'm not an expert...I have yet to conquer the dutch braid and french braid :))
  • "I can't style that" (Number 1: That is called hair lol and Number 2: It can be styled...you just gotta work with it)
  • "I'm gonna look like a kid when my age is 42" (Yes, you'll look younger especially with braids but not like a teen or tween or toddler! then again, if you're 42 and someone asks you, How old are you? 22? Is that really a bad thing? Are you going to frown or smile? :) (depends on the individual I guess..lol) Don't act like you don't know that you have gr8 genes anyway)
People of the world, black natural hair isn't that bad! Truthfully, it's not. Whether you were born with inks and curls, straight hair or wavy hair, it all requires a lot of work. Straight hair will HAVE TO BE washed every day b/c of the extra oil production so going one day, 2 days, 3 days, WOAH, hair will look a HOT MESS! Yes! I know relaxers are addictive and maybe that's why it's referred to as the creamy crack (I don't know who came up with that one). To say, that I've never gotten frustrated over my hair would be SUCH A HUGE LIE...hahaha but I'm not gonna lie 'cuz I've gotten frustrated, throwing a toddler's tantrum (crying and the throwing down..mayb not throwing myself down..just crying) I will confess.

Ask yourself these questions:
Do I like that my hair is floppy and thin and I have to add tracks or cut to give it body?
Do I like the fact that I have a time of great growth and then a time of horrible breakage?
Is the flowy, chemically straightened hair really all that worth it?
Do I like having my hair cut every time I get it relaxed?
Do I like the burning and the scabs?
What does God think of my natural hair?
Does God thinks my hair is ugly? disgraceful?
Does God make mistakes with his creations? NO!




Check out The Pure Journey by clicking here!

No comments :

Post a Comment