Today's Hair: Mini Twist Curly Side Pony

Hello beautiful naturalistas! Today I am rocking a curly side pony with my mini twists
How did I achieve this style?

This is day 2 curly twists. On Saturday night I spritzed my hair with water and sealed the ends with shea butter. Then I flexi rodded my entire head with about 18-20 flexi rods. In the morning I removed them and styled. Sunday night I just used the pineapple method to preserve the curls. 

This morning I just pulled my hair into a loose side pony and pinned some pieces in place where I wanted them. It took no more than 5-8 minutes to style!


How long have I had my mini twists in?

I have had them in for 9 days! MAJOR record for me haha :) I am really trying to make them last. Hopefully I can keep them in for 3 weeks! 

I twisted them on stretched hair using shea butter and flax seed gel for hold. 


Have I had to re-twist since I have had them in?

Since I have had them in, I re-twisted about 10-15 twists in the front due to frizz. I also re-twisted the bottom row in the back due to frizzy nape hair. I am not a fan of frizzy twists!


What have I done to keep them looking nice and fresh?

I tie up my hair every night. That is imperative with twists! Also, around day 5 or 6 I noticed some serious frizz already. I have hair that is frizz prone. Some of you may be able to relate. It can be frustrating when you want to wear a long term protective style. So I tried something new that worked like a charm! I spritzed down my twists, applied coconut oil to the section and flexi-rodded my hair. At the base of each section I twisted the twists together to try and calm the frizz. Don't worry I will do a post explaining how to do this :)

It worked amazing! My hair has been much better with frizz since!

Why do I curl my mini twists?

I love curls, it helps hide/reduce frizz, it makes it easier to style, and it keeps it fun! 


No comments :

Post a Comment