Style Points: Mini Twist Pony Hawk

Hello all! I apologize for the delay on a new post. I have been ultra busy! Between school work, exams, getting ready for finals, prayer, revival at church and spending time with hubby- I haven't had much free time. So here is a new post!

I want to show you how I achieved this look that I call a mini twist pony hawk. I did this on mini twists but you can do this on any size twists, braids or even on your own hair.


How to prep...

  • The night before, put your hair into four small pony tails down the middle of your head leaving out a small section on the top
  • Spritz lightly with water and seal 
  • Use 2-3 flexi rods on each section. You can use foam rollers, curl formers, or even bantu knots. Whatever gives you the curl you like the best.



  • Tie up your hair and go to bed

The next day...
  • Remove your flexi-rods one section at a time



  • Gently separate and fluff each section to give the illusion of one long continuous curly pony. You can use bobby pins to help 


  • Now for the front section - remove the flexi rods

  • Separate and fluff


  • Style the front as you desire. I just pinned back and allowed some of the curls to show


Final look:





Some tips to keep in mind:
  • The more flexi rods you use for each section, the more curl you will get. So your hair will not hang as much. If you want a curly hawk more than a pony hawk use more flexi rods!
  • Bobby pins are helpful to create illusions with your hair. Use them to your advantage!

How do you like this style? 

No comments :

Post a Comment