Protective Styles: Braided Twists

Hello all! I want to share with you a new favorite protective style. Basically they are twists with braids at the base for a cleaner look. I love the way this looks. I plan to undo the twisted section and keep the braided portion in at some point as the twists get too frizzy. I have great plans for this style lol!



It looks more like box braids at the roots, but when you get close..
Its twists!
This is actually the way that you install kinky twists when  you add
additional hair (which of course I no longer do) But I thought, why not try
the same method with my own hair to make it look as neat as possible?

It looks very neat at the hairline, its not pulled too tight either!


See up close? Its braided at the bottom




 As you can see I am happy as can be! This is a new favorite way to do my twists. I am hoping that they stay neater longer this way. For me, the root is the first part to frizz. Yay for new modifications!

How to achieve this style:

  • Start with stretched hair for neatest results. I used the bun stretch method
  • Moisturize and finger detangle your hair in small sections
    • I spritzed with water infused with rosemary essential oil, and finger detangled with Giovanni direct leave in and grape seed oil. Don't get it too wet!
  • Take a small section, braid the base and then twist the rest of the section. 
  • Repeat until your entire head has been braided/twisted


I hope you ♥ this as much as I do!





No comments :

Post a Comment