Chronicles of a Natural Apostolic: Love/Hate Relationship with Terressentials

As I have stated on MANY occasions I love terressentials. How could you not love something that does...

this
to your hair?

What else did I love about terressentials?

  • The way it made my hair soft
  • The way it broke down tangles instantly
  • The way detangling was a breeze after using it
  • The way it smelled
  • The ease and how quickly I could wash and cleanse my hair
 So what's the problem? 

It makes my scalp irritated and flake! I suspected last year that there must be an ingredient that I am allergic to because when I would wash, although my hair would feel great, about 3 days later my scalp would begin to itch. And within less than 4 days it would flake. I contacted terressentials and they suggested that I do the detox.

 So I did the detox and I still encountered the same problem. I would wash my hair, and while my hair would feel wonderful, soft and moisturized, my scalp was suffering. So I am going to have to discontinue the use of terressentials on my hair. 


Replacement?
I am currently washing with either nourish spa shampoo or giovanni 50/50 calming-hydrating shampoo. My initial review of the Giovanni shampoo was bad! I didn't like it, but since I have revisited it, I actually like it! 

I am conditioning with tresseme naturals, or nourish spa. Just depends on what I have. Both work very well for me. 

Since this change, my scalp is great! And my hair is still great. As you can see, I still have minimal frizz, and my hair is moisturized as well.

Moral of the story?

As your journey progresses somethings that used to work stop working as well. So don't be afraid to change something that no longer works for you. On the other hand, if a product works for you, keep using it! Don't be persuaded  by product reviews to change what is tried and true for your hair.

No comments :

Post a Comment