Chronicles of a Natural Apostolic: Straight Hair, Please Share (Part 3)

I straightened my hair on New Years Eve! My sis in love bought me a straightener for Christmas, and well.. I got kinda curious and wanted to use it! Below are pictures of my hair on day 3. I did large bantu knots and wore my hair down. I loved it!!




How did I Straighten my Hair?
Method: I washed my hair with Teressentials 2 days prior to straightening it. I applied raw shea butter to my hair and put it in 12-15 braids to stretch it. I did not use a blow dryer, I flat ironed my stretched hair. I wanted to use as little heat as possible. When I straightened it, I did no more than 2-3 passes per small section of hair. I smoothed the hair with a wide toothed comb and tangle teezer before using the flat iron. I loved the results! Bouncy, shiny and full!

Total Time: 1.5 hours

Flat Iron: John Freida Sleek Finish

Heat Level: 350-365 degrees

Video: Here is a quick video I made showing you the results the next day and explaining the method I used!



Progress of my hair growth from 2010-2012
December 2010

April 2011

December 2012
Hope you like it! Let me know if you have any questions...

No comments :

Post a Comment