Natural with Kendra in Review 2012

Lets take a walk down memory lane... 

January

I fell in love.
With terressentials that is :)

My hair after my first wash!

Video of me applying the mud wash.. 



Mary visited us and talked about
Natural Hair in Pentecost from her point
of view!
Lena from Simply Virtuous was
featured as a Blog of Note!


February


Rocked some fun and new styles! I was having so much fun with my hair.





And I made flex seed gel for the first time! I seriously need to make some more of this stuff. Its the best for curl definition and moisture!




Melanie smiling big with her heat free curls!
Shannon's hair update!
Harvellia's hair update!
Jen's hair update!

March

New York and So Cal finally came together.
You know it had to happen at some point. We had a blast! Love this girl to pieces.
Me and Chelsyea at No Limits Conference
Elk Grove, CA

I discovered the beauty. simplicity. love. for ...
buns




Joy showing us that heat free styling
is for all hair types! 
April

You HAVE to check out this post! So many of you ladies sent me pictures of your hair on Easter. It was so cool to see all the pretty styles you all rocked that day!

Mini
     Mini
        Mini twists... 



Discovered my love for Greek Yogurt as a deep conditioner. *pumps fist in air* Yesssss!
Thanks to Naptural85 for the lovely idea...





Sis Nikey inspires us with her waist
length hair... 
My sister Courtney talks about the Curly Girl Method. 
Jayne stopped by to tell us about her hair care and styling

May


Let the summer regimen begin... buns, twists, curls and swoops.



Jasmine meets me on my couch and chats
about her hair care
Shalonda drops by to talk about her hair
care and transitioning experience
My sister talks about Jordyn's hair.. 
And Jaelynns! My two beautiful nieces who
wear natural hair. 
Veronica comes by and tells us her
encouraging hair story!
June

I hit 100 followers! I was so excited that I finally had 100 followers on this blog. Major goal for me. ah. yes. Its not one of those things where I want people to know me, know my name and know about my blog. It's one of those things where the feeling is, wow I am actually helping people! I am making an impact in God's kingdom.
I love all of you
I have the best followers ever!!
.. meanwhile I played with my hair some more..

... took an anniversary trip to San Diego with hubby. We celebrated 3 happy, fun, memorable and forever to be cherished years of marriage.
Beach.

San Diego Zoo. 
AND set a hair goal..
Waist length by June 2013!
Pondering the thought 
Excited, and hoping I can do it!
Symenthia showed us how she does her
heat free styling!

Jen stopped by to update us on her
beautifully growing natural hair.



July

Vintage styles... fun styles... lots of styles. Experimenting with new types of styles!








Jodi Jackson dropped by to tell us about her
hair journey and why she loves natural hair

God used Hanna's hair as a witness on a
visit with Anali to see Mary!
Natalie showed us how to do a DIY clay hair treatment.
She used her daughter to show us how to do it!
Rita showed off her beautiful hair!

August

I turned 24 years old! Happy birthday to meeeee!

I started the bun challenge on August 8! 

" Its a challenge to myself. I love to wear buns (if you haven't noticed). Also, if you read this post, you would know that I am seeking to obtain waist length hair by June 2012. Now I know its not all about length. But as I discussed in that post, setting a goal keeps you focused. This about consistency and focus."




I am still going strong with the bun challenge! Its December now and I am still doing it :)

Veronica started a blog, Veronica's Apostolic Journey.
Hey, if you aren't subscribed yet, why not?? 
Alicia came by to talk about her styling. She has awesome
styles !! I wanted her to share with us and she did!

September

I was still on the bun challenge, school was busy, church was awesome and busy, life was fun and busy.. notice how busy is used a lot? lol. Not a whole lot this month, but here's a new style I fell in love with!




I had a blast at youth alive!! I finally met Jen, and Jedidah in person!



Shalonda came through to show us some
of her styles.. they are gorgeous!

October

I visited the mini twists again.. except this time they were more like micro twists. I love how they turned out and I was so happy to see the length!

I was still doing the bun challenge minus a few days that I wore my hair out. Here is a little pic to show a bun I wore and loved!


Hanna showed us her beautiful
twists and twist out!

November

Still doing the bun challenge... 






AND I went to West Coast Conference for one day. I didn't write a post about it, but I had a marvelous time. Amazing preaching, powerful move of God, time with my hubby and laughs with friends!






Janay stopped by to talk about her transition
from straight hair to natural hair!
December
I hardly posted. But I rocked twists for a little while. December is always a super busy month! Finals, Christmas musical at church, Christmas banquet at church, Christmas, Holiday festivities, dinner parties and get togethers. Oh and I fell back in love with terressentials by the way <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">

Phew! Looking forward to January.

Madisa stopped by to give us a great
product review!
Here's to 2013! I am so excited to blog another year... I hope this blog has been a blessing, help and encouragement to you in 2012. Tell me what you would like to see more of in 2013 below! 
YAY 2013!!

No comments :

Post a Comment