Hair Update: November 2012

Wow I haven't done an official "update" since July 2011! Well... here we go with a new one...

What have I learned about my hair this month?
Having a game plan and knowing what works for you hair does wonders. I don't fret over "bad hair days" or "frizzy hair" anymore. I just find a way to work around it. I used to cry about bad hair days... or get all upset if my beautiful curl set didn't dry all the way and I was left with half curls, half shrunken hair. No more of that! When its frizzy, hasn't dried all the way in the morning or hasn't been stretched, I don't worry. I will whip out something like this:
I roll the front back to tame the frizz and wrap the rest into a tightly coiled bun to stretch out my hair during the day.

Or sometimes I just add a little gel, and throw it up into a high bun. No more stress, we can do this!

What new products have I used?
Terressentials cool mint pure earth wash

 It is amazing! Extremely invigorating and makes my hair super soft. It doesn't define my curls as well as the lavender but it makes it softer. So each one is unique with its ingredients. So if I want my curls defined I will opt for lavender garden and if I just want soft hair or my hair feels dry and brittle I will opt for the cool mint. As you know I already have used and love the lavender garden. My scalp isn't a fan of terressentials so I now use it on my hair only as a deep conditioner.

I also purchased the fragrance free one but I haven't used it yet.

Tresemme Naturals Conditioner

This is the stuff ya'll! My hair loves it, its inexpensive, smells great, has a lot of slip and keeps my hair moisturized for days. I'm telling you- Kendra is in love. But that's just me :)
My hair with just tresemme (yes I use it as a rinse out conditioner and leave in conditioner) raw shea butter and aloe vera gel. See how moisturized and soft it looks. Yup! 

Have I noticed any growth?
The beginning of my natural hair journey
Picture taken August 2009


Current hair
Picture taken October 2012

YES! I have... it is crazy how far my hair has come. And its amazing how far I have come. My hair is no longer a big fuss. It's just me, its just my hair and I love it. I know how to tame it, how to manage it, how to care for it and what does and doesn't work. So now its just fun. The other day I took my bun down and fluffed my hair out. Hubby looks at me surprised and says, "Man you have a LOT of hair babe!" I looked in the mirror and thought, hmm I suppose I do lol. Its thick and getting pretty long. I do plan to do an official length check in June 2013 by straightening it...

Any advice for the readers?

Just keep at it!!!!
My hair all natural in December 2009

If you are in the beginning you might be frustrated with your hair right now. Trial and error with products and regimens can be a major headache. But don't worry, soon you will find what works!

If you have been at it some time, just keep at it. Everyday you will learn something new about your hair. Don't be afraid to try new things. Some will work, and others won't. It's all part of the journey.
My hair all natural April 2012

And if you're a pro, well you go girl! You know there's nothing better than rocking natural hair :)

Do you have any questions for me regarding my hair journey or hair update? 

No comments :

Post a Comment