Heirloom Coat


Happy Friday!! I'm finally back to my regular outfit posting and it's good to be back! Last week my sweet Hubby surprised me and brought home this great vintage coat for me. His Grandmother died earlier this year (I dedicated a post to her here) and his family was going through some of her stuff when they came across this coat with the tags still attached. Knowing my love for vintage they thought I might like it and..... I LOVE it! It makes it extra special to have something of hers.


I love the pop of the bright orange and the big, oversized collar. It's a bit of an oversized fit all around on me but I think it works. Oversized is a thing right now, right? And it definitely works on a comfort level.


So life has been pretty awesome lately... I have tons of good news to share! First, I landed a full-time job at the bank I work at! I've been wanting to go full-time for a while (why shouldn't I work more when my Hubby's away at work anyway?) Last week a position opened up and I applied. What do you know, the next day they interviewed and hired me!! It all happened so fast!!



 I also had the AWESOME opportunity to meet up with Lauren and Madison of Awkward Girls last weekend for Girl's Day Out at Fashion Place Mall. I won a giveaway on their blog and got to bring a friend shopping and to lunch! We also got a gift card and a tote bag full of free samples. It was seriously SO fun and I picked up a few cute items at J.Crew and H&M.


I already mentioned our new collaborative blog, Flock Together a couple posts ago, but I'm totally excited about it so I'll mention it again! We have a dozen girls and we're all going to be swapping clothes (what could be funner?!) and posting what each girl did with the same piece. I'll let you know when my intro post goes up but feel free to check out the other cute girls right now!


Outfit Details:
Coat - Vintage (Ethan's Grandmother's)
Top - Sugarlips via ModBod
Belt - ModBod
Jeans - Lovesick
Scarf & Knee highs - H&M
Boots - Blowfish

No comments :

Post a Comment