Hair Tip #46: Recipe for Moisture and Hold

So I did a little experiment to see if I could get a little extra hold without hardness for a style. As you all know I love to rock high buns. It is perfect for church. Elegant, up and off your neck so you can worship without hair in the way :) So here is what I did.


  • Split my hair into 8 sections
  • Placed a dime size of Giovanni direct leave in in my palm, and added half a dime size of Tresemme gel
  • Finger detangled the section and flat twisted. 
  • Tied it up and went to bed!
The next evening when I took it down, I was AMAZED at the definition, and softness. Plus it was shiny and moisturized. I will be implementing this every time I want to do a style with a soft hold and great sheen. 
I used Tresemme Tres Gel, Hold 4. You can find this product at Wal-Mart and Target. I am sure you can find it at Walgreens as well. 

I have the travel size 
And here is my trusty Giovanni Direct Leave in which can also be found at Wal-Mart and Target. It is usually stored with the Organic and natural products. For example, at most Wal-Marts it is found by the Burts Bees, Alba and Yes to Carrots products. So be sure to check all the aisles. 

This size has lasted me over 4 months!
A little goes a long way 

Have you ever mixed gel with a moisturizer for a sold hold? What do you use to achieve a soft hold on your styles? 

No comments :

Post a Comment