Hair Tip # 43: How to do a Hot Oil Treatment and Deep Condition in One

Hello ladies, if you notice in my current hair regimen, I do a weekly hot oil treatment and deep conditioning treatment on my hair. I choose to do both because I believe scalp health is just as important as hair health. So to keep my scalp happy, and my hair happy- I do both! I want to show you how easy and quick it is to do both at the same time.

I start with dirty hair. I do all of these before washing.  


You will need:

  • Spray bottle with water
  • Oils of your choice 
  • An applicator bottle for easy distribution of the oil
  • Deep conditioning treatment of your choice
  • Clamps for sectioning
  • Shower Cap
  • Bath Towel
Instructions

1. Heat up water in a cup for 30 seconds in the microwave. You don't want it piping hot, but quite warm. Stick your applicator bottle of oil in the cup and allow the oils to heat. 

2. Section your hair into workable sections. I use four sections. You can use more or less depending on your preference
I am clearly overly excited about this lol
3. Spritz your hair with water until it is saturated. Work the water into your hair and gently begin to separate the strands and finger detangle. Are you still sticking with the challenge of the month? I am! No combs for me.

4. Once your hair is pretty well detangled, add a generous amount of deep conditioner and work it through. I get my hair so detangled that I can run my fingers through it without coming across tangles and knots. 

5. Gently roll the section into a tight bun (or bantu knot) to keep the section detangled and then clamp it.

6. Once you have finished applying the deep conditioner, it is time to apply the hot oil treatment. Your oil should be warmed up and ready to go. Again, you do not want your oil piping hot! Else you will burn your scalp. Apply oil to one section of your scalp.
Applicator bottles are less than $2 each! They are worth it to have because
it means less mess and more accuracy. I can easily reach my scalp with these

7. Massage your scalp with the pads of your fingers for 1-3 minutes.



8. Once you have completed all of the sections, slip on a shower cap and wrap your head in a towel turban style. Your own body heat will create a green house effect.

OR you can use this method..
Using a heated up wet towel under a shower cap
Hair Tip #31: How to Deep Condition Without Applied Heat

9. Go relax, read a book, have some tea or take a nap for 15-60 minutes.

10. Rinse, and cleanse as usual. And you are all set to go!

TOTAL TIME: 30 min


Warning: Incredibly moisturized, and soft hair is to follow :)

No comments :

Post a Comment