Hair Inspiration: Veronica's Hair Story


Hello everyone! I am so excited for you to read Veronica's hair story. This is a story worth sharing! I hope it gives you hope that you can transition and have beautiful, healthy hair :)

My Hair Story

I think I was about 7 or 8 when I began getting relaxers. When I was 12 I noticed not one but TWO "bald spots" that once contained my relaxed hair but then only about 1 inch of my natural afro hair. I cried not knowing what was going on with my hair. My older sister put another relaxer in my hair with the idea that it was falling out because I had so much new growth. A month later my hair fell out again, sowith the help of my mother I finally “went natural”. After a few more months passed my mother clipped off the relaxed ends that my natural hair was soon to reject anyways. (Disclaimer: I do not condone cutting hair for any reason)
My hair was only natural in the sense that it was not relaxed; I consistently took my hair out of its natural state by blow drying and flat ironing my hair. Then when I damaged my ends I was quick to cut them off. I never allowed my hair to retain any length so it has never had the opportunity to reach pass the top of my shoulders.

Fall 2012
*these photos were taken before the revelation of truth(truth: church according to the original church in the bible and not any denomination)



I thought that trimming my damage ends were helping my hair grow instead of protecting my ends from damage in the first place.
This thought process kept me in a vicious cycle of damaging and cutting my hair



So since the age of 12 this is all the length I have retained (I am now 19)


*after revelation of truth
January I had significant breakage due to damage ends but as an Apostolic Pentecostal woman believing that what my Lord says goes and standing for holiness I did not cut my hair =)
I struggled with the idea of not trimming my hair. I honestly thought my hair would never grow but even if this was the case out of obedience and not understanding I decided to stop cutting my hair but instead take time to take care of my hair by protecting my ends, moisturizing consistently, and taking time to figure out what will make my hair healthier. I have been able to retain more length than eversince the recent major breakage in January where I lost several inches of hair.

Spring 2012


KENDRA!!!!!!!! =)))
Kendra, your blog has kept me encouraged through my journey as an Apostolic Pentecostal woman! I love all your hair styles. You are beautiful and awesome! You are such an inspiration. I’m so glad I found your blog! =)
-Veronica Watson





No comments :

Post a Comment